The Cases when Translation of Documents applying for a Visa is required
Before the translation, it is necessary to coordinate with the customer the most relevant data on the requirements to the visa documentation (types of documents that has to be either translated or notarially assured or apostilized, etc.)
In some countries, the translation is not required for visa processing (including tourist visa). The most popular countries for which the translation is necessary are consulate-applying.
In the USA, England, the countries of Schengen and some other western countries preliminary notarial assurance isn’t required, documentation check and authentication are carried out directly in the consulate. However, for getting a visa to Canada, New Zealand and some other countries the notarized or certified translation (with the assurance of the translator’s signature) is necessary. A number of countries require apostille translation (Malta, etc.).
The List of Documents that has to be translated for Visa Processing
The following documents which translation is required for consulate are the most widespread:
- Personal documentation: passport, international passport, medical insurance policy, birth/marriage/divorce certificate, employment reference, bank statement, certification of criminal background check, unpaid penalties, home ownership (in case of existence), etc.
- Depending on work status: employment record, primary state registration number, pension certificate, etc.
- For minors: birth certificate, notarized permission / power of attorney from parents, etc.
- In case of the business trip: contracts, bank payment documentation, etc.
- For departure in the educational purposes: student ID card, educational certificates and diplomas (the highest, additional, etc.), the invitation letter from the foreign university (in case of existence), etc.
- For departure for medical purposes: medical policy, analyses data, etc.
Requirements of the Embassy Documents Translation
It has to be carried out that:
- On each page of the translation there is bilingual record "Translated from... to... ".
- Graphic symbols (stamps, emblems, logos, etc.) has description and interpretation.
- In translation there are no words with foreign writing, for this purpose it is necessary to use a transliteration according to international ISO standard; for personal data preferably use spelling from the international passport.
- Numerical data are duplicated in words; abbreviations are interpreted and translated.
- In case of the multipage document, it is necessary to stitch and number it.
- In case of hand-written signatures, it is necessary to replace them with a full name in angular brackets.
The requirements can vary depending on the country and the purpose of the visit; they need to be coordinated with the customer.
Notarized Translation of Documents for getting a Visa
For the implementation of the translation according to notarial standards, it is necessary to translate precisely the structure of the text, eliminate mistakes and typos in proper names, names of institutions, addresses, figures. The numbers of documents can't be translated into a foreign language because of the possibility of identification. Documents with corrections and additional inscriptions in pencil or a pen are not accepted.
Translation of the documentation by the professional translator and the subsequent assurance at the notary is legally allowed. However, for this purpose, it is necessary to observe all formal requirements of the notarized translation: to specify a translation direction, to enter the text of the assuring inscription, to specify the translator’s data and to put down the signature by hand.
Apostilization, Apostille Translation for Visa Application
The apostille is issued as the separate page or the stamp confirming authenticity and legitimacy of the certified document. The apostille is considered as the part of the translation. However, it has the registration number and is formed according to state standards of the Hague Convention Participants.
At the translation, it is necessary to specify whether the procedure of apostilization is required and also whether the translation of the apostille into a foreign language is essential. In case of need, the translation of the text of the document and the text of the apostille should be carried out simultaneously; after that all documentation in general should be notarially certified. If the notarial translation has been already done, but apostilization is carried out after assurance, it is necessary to translate an apostille separately and to certify the translation again.
Requirements to the Translator
Translation of documents for visa processing has to be made only by the certified translators. Accurate knowledge of relevant and up-to-date legislation terminology of the target country, its regulations of visa application in consulate or other institution is also necessary. At failure to meet requirements, the document is considered illegitimate. The translation has to be guided by standards for professional translators ISO 17100 and European standard EN 15038.
The Advantages of the TranslatorsAuction Internet-platform
The website TranslatorsAuction.com represents more than the translators exchange on a competitive basis. It provides the unique opportunity to conduct the ruled auction: preliminary testing, cross assessment by potential authors the works of the other applicants, ranging the results of the tests according to the points gained by «blind» assessment. The conditions allow the customer to choose the option, which is the most suitable for his requirements in compliance with the ratio suggested price – points of the general rating.