How to Choose a Good Translator for Your Order? - ► Make a Free Auction for all potential Translators, so you can chose by yourself who is the Best. Tap to learn more ◄
By means of the opportunities of the TranslatorsAuction Internet-platform you can find the translator of manuals and other technical documentation for free: quickly, conveniently and according to your requirements.
Manuals Translation is very widespread in the modern world market of goods and services as in the majority of the countries it is legislatively forbidden to sell technical production without manuals in the country of realization. Generally, technical translation of any documentation, which cornerstones interaction rules with the subject of the manual, is meant.
The following types of manuals and regulations are most favored by requests for the translation: maintenance guide for electronics, household appliances and industrial equipment; medical manuals; legal instructions regulating rules of conducting for citizens and the companies’ staff; rules on filling of various documentation.
The Cases when Manuals, Regulations and Guidelines Translation is required
The companies having branches abroad or cooperating with foreign customers most often need the translation of technical documentation. The translation can be required when sending employees on a business trip, when exporting the equipment from abroad, for research and development in the international corporations.
Features of Manuals and other Technical Texts Translation
When performing technical translation, it is necessary to consider a number of its linguistic and branch features:
- Maintaining uniformity at the translation of terms, in particular at the separation of manual translation to several people, interpretation of abbreviations, drawing up the glossary.
- Lack of ambiguity in formulations.
- Elimination of mistakes, inaccuracies, typos.
- Maintaining branch specifics according to the requirements of the international standards, the translator has to understand the subject of the branch.
- Officiality, objectivity, lack of an emotional component, lack of personality.
In case of non-compliance with translation specifics, the company can suffer losses at production sales; and equipment operations with the incorrectly translated manual can be hazardous to human health.
For the most high-quality technical translation, it is necessary to find authors with narrow-purpose specialization in the subject of the order.
Localization and Adaptation of Manuals Technical Translation
In translation process for optimization and improvement of quality, it is necessary to carry out feedback with the customer for verification of terminology and reliability of the received text.
- Before the accomplishment of the order, it is necessary to specify the target audience of the translated documentation for the selection of adequate lexical designs.
- During the translation of maintenance equipment guides, it is essential to choose the most precise statement language.
- For highly specialized devices and the technical equipment, the translation of instructions shouldn't be simplified.
- The terminology used at translating has to be relevant, adapted to features of the target language, including to the accepted reductions, set expressions, etc.
Depending on the purposes and requirements of the customer, it is possible to choose previously one of the options of translation and formatting of documentation:
- the plain text with the minimum formatting (can be required at independent imposition and short deadlines on translation);
- maintaining the structure of the original (formatting of schedules and schemes is coordinated separately);
- full identity to the original.
Requirements to the Translator
Translation of the manuals and related documentation has to be carried out only by certified linguists with knowledge of documentation subject specifics. The translation by a certified technical specialist with language knowledge is also possible. The mistake of the translator can be fatal to the person using manual. The translation has to be guided by technical translation standards, standards for professional translators ISO 17100 and European standard EN 15038.
The Advantages of the TranslatorsAuction Internet-platform
The website TranslatorsAuction.com represents more than the translators exchange on a competitive basis. It provides the unique opportunity to conduct the ruled auction: preliminary testing, cross assessment by potential authors the works of the other applicants, ranging the results of the tests according to the points gained by "blind" assessment. The conditions allow the customer to choose the option, which is the most suitable for his requirements in compliance with the ratio suggested price – points of the general rating.